French Grey Salt or Sel Gris, is world-renowned for its health benefits. It is a pure, unrefined salt with no chemicals, additives, or preservatives. With over 80 trace elements that are essential to a long and healthy life, it can be used in place of standard refined table salt. Many of the health properties of French Grey Salt come from the way it’s harvested. Generations of Celtic salt famers have been harvesting Sel Gris for over 2000 years off the coast of Brittany, France using wooden instruments so that the delicate crystals don’t come in contact with any metal. This process preserves the living enzymes in the salt. Try Farfalle with Ramps, Fiddleheads, and French Grey Salt(1)!
The harvested salt is then dried naturally by sun and wind in clay ponds. The clay adds to the light grey color and ionizes the elements in the salt. The end result is a naturally moist salt that when purchased from Salts Worldwide is Certified Authentic, Certified All Natural, and Certified Kosher.
In this dish, the French Grey Salt accents the delicious Fiddleheads and Ramps for a delightful pasta dish.
Ingredients for Farfalle with Ramps, Fiddleheads, and French Grey Salt
- 2 tablespoons, butter
- 1 bunch, ramps, roughly chopped
- 1 bag, fiddleheads, thoroughly rinsed
- Farfalle, cooked al dente
- French Grey Salt
- 1 jar, sun dried tomatoes
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter to a skillet on medium heat.
- Add ramps and fiddleheads to the skillet. Saute on medium heat until fiddleheads are tender.
- Toss sauteed ramps and fiddleheads with farfalle in a serving dish. Add French Grey Salt to taste.
- Garnish with sun dried tomatoes and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Place French Grey Salt in a dish or shaker for guests to add salt as needed. The salt helps to bring out the natural flavors of the ramps and fiddleheads. When ramps and fiddleheads are out of season, substitute asparagus for fiddleheads and leeks for ramps. Enjoy this as a main dish for a light meal or as a side dish for a larger meal.