Himalayan Salt is an all-natural salt. It is rich in minerals and is Kosher. It is ideal for both sweet and savory dishes. The pink color in the salt accents light colored foods, making it an attractive finishing salt. With over 80 elements and minerals needed to maintain good health such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and calcium, it is a healthy alternative to standard table salt. It can be used in place of regular salt and will provide a wealth of health benefits when added to any dish.Try Pan-Seared Scallops and Parsnips with Himalayan Salt!
In this dish, the Himalayan Salt brings out the succulent flavor of the scallops and sweet flavor of the scallops for a fulfilling meal.
Ingredients for Pan-Seared Scallops and Parsnips with Himalayan Salt
- 1 head, garlic
- 3 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 16, sea scallops
- Salts Worldwide Himalayan Salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound, parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 bunch, dill
- 1 lemon, quartered
Directions for Pan-Seared Scallops and Parsnips with Himalayan Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut off 1/4 inch from the top of the garlic head and discard.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter on the top of the garlic head. Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil.
- Roast garlic head in oven for approximately 1 hour.
- Press roasted garlic from the skin and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a saute pan and melt on high heat. Saute the parsnips until tender.
- Remove and place on the side of each plate.
- Top the sauteed parsnips with roasted garlic.
- Add Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste over each scallop, place the scallops in the saute pan.
- Cook the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until a 1/4 inch golden crust forms on each side.
- The scallops will be translucent in the center when they are fully cooked.
- Garnish with each plate with a sprig of dill and a lemon quarter. Serve right away.
Place a dish of Himalayan Salt on the table for guests to add to their meal as desired. Pan-Seared Scallops and Parsnips with Himalayan Salt is a simple meal try it with Salts Worldwide’s unrefined Pink Himalayan Sea Salt today!