Black Lava Hawaiian Salt has a gorgeous shine similar to obsidian. It is dramatic and bold. Unlike most table salts, black salt is harvested in whole crystals so the minerals are preserved. As a result, you will reap the beauty and health benefits of this natural sea salt from Salts Worldwide. Try Grilled Salmon with Black Lava Hawaiian Salt!
Black salt is unlike any other salt in the world. It is commonly used by spas for scrubs, exfoliates, and masks. However, it is also a popular finishing salt for seafood, vegetables, and specialty ice cream. When you need a bold accent of flavor and appearance for your food, use Black Lava Hawaiian Salt.
The earthy flavor with a note of smoke is ideal for this dish of grilled salmon. It will bring out the rich flavors of the salmon without overwhelming it. The dramatic black will also accent the pink salmon for a beautiful presentation. Because Black Lava Hawaiian Salt is a finishing salt, be sure to add it at the very end of any dish you use it on. Adding it just before serving will make for a stunning presentation.
- 6, 6 ounce salmon steaks with skin (approximately 1-inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed
- A Dash of Black Lava Hawaiian Salt
- Preheat the grill for cooking over medium heat.
- Brush the salmon steaks with extra-virgin olive oil and place them flesh side down on the grill rack. Cook covered for 4 minutes. Turn the steaks over and grill for an additional 4 to 6 minutes.
- Place a bed of arugula on each plate. Plate each salmon steak on the bed of arugula.
- Sprinkle Black Lava Hawaiian Salt over each salmon steak and serve.
Keep a container of the black salt on hand for guests to add it to their plate as needed. Consider grilling asparagus or Brussels sprouts to serve on the side. Add the Black Lava Hawaiian Salt just before serving the vegetables to round out your meal.