Truffles are the fruiting portion of a type of subterranean fungus. Many species are prized by chefs and connoisseurs who appreciate their rich flavor. They are nutty in flavor and add a great deal of nuance to the flavors in any dish. Truffles are commonly used in pasta and egg dishes, however, they can be used to enhance the flavor of nearly any dish you prepare such as this fingerling potato dish.
Because they are rare, truffles can be quite expensive. If you’re on a budget, you can add the signature earthy flavor of truffles to your fingerling potatoes using Black Truffle Salt from Salts Worldwide. Black truffle salt is the perfect mixture of Kosher sea salt and real truffles. Roasted with olive oil, the fingerling potatoes true flavor will be accented with the truffle salt.
Ingredients for Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Black Truffle Salt
- 1 1/2 pounds, fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon, extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons, Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1 bunch, thyme, finely chopped
- 1 bunch, rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large ovenproof dish in your oven for 15 minutes.
- Toss potatoes in a medium bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle potatoes with Black Truffle Sea Salt.
- Arrange the fingerling potatoes in a single layer in the preheated ovenproof dish.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown on the outside and tender.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh thyme and rosemary.
Serve the potatoes as a side dish with extra Black Truffle Salt on hand for your guests to use as needed. The salt from Salts Wordwide is an ideal substitute for using whole black truffles in your meals. It is more affordable and will add plenty of flavor to the potatoes in this simple, rustic side dish.
If you have leftover potatoes, you can slice them up and fry them in a skillet the next morning for home fries. Prepare scrambled eggs and add a dash of Black Truffle Salt to them to complete the breakfast. When you buy black truffle salt, make sure it contains real black truffles.