Himalayan salt is pink in color and revered worldwide for its healthy properties. This Kosher sea salt is from Pakistan and contains 80 elements and minerals that promote health such as borate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sulphate. It is commonly used in both sweet and savory dishes and is sought after by chefs because it brings out the natural flavors of the food. Plus, the pink color adds a dramatic effect to any dish. You can find this healthy, flavorful salt here at Salts Worldwide. Try Himalayan Salt Crusted Tilapia with Kale Chips!
Ingredients for Himalayan Salt Crusted Tilapia with Kale Chips
- 4 tilapia fillet
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salts Worldwide Himalayan Salt
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Kale Chips
- Combine panko, Pecorino Romano cheese, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour lemon juice into a separate mixing bowl.
- Place each filet, one at a time, into the lemon juice. Sprinkle Himalayan Salt on each side. Then dredge each fillet into the panko mixture. Pat each fillet all over to ensure even coverage.
- Oil a baking dish with extra-virgin olive oil. Place the fillets in the baking dish. Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Fillets will flake with ease once the tilapia is completely cooked and the edges will begin to brown.
- Sprinkle additional Himalayan Salt on top to taste.
- Add a handful of kale chips to each plate.
For dessert, consider serving fresh fruit with a sprinkle of Himalayan Salt on the top. Apple and watermelon slices are particularly delicious with a sprinkling of salt. Add a splash of lime to the watermelon for a refreshing finish. The natural elements in the salt will serve to replenish your bodies electrolytes, leaving you feeling energized after this healthy meal of tilapia, kale chips, and fresh fruit.